How to DOWNLOAD SOLIDWORKS
All SOLIDWORKS products install from the same installation manager, and there are several ways to get your hands on the installation files.
Choose an option:
Preferred: Download from the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal
1. Go to Solidworks.com
2. Click on the top right corner and choose SW Customer Portal
3. Login with a SOLIDWORKS ID.
4. Click on Downloads and Updates.
5. Click the link to download SOLIDWORKS Products which will install all client and server software. Make sure to select the the link next to the version and service pack that you want to install.
6. Accept the license agreement. Click Download to start the download of the Installation Manager.
7. The file should download in your browser and will be called SolidWorksSetup.exe.
NOTE: This is the installation manager only, it contains everything you need to start an installation, but it will require additional downloads depending on what is selected to install. If you wish to create a full download that can be shared or used offline, continue the procedure.
8. Run SolidWorksSetup.exe. Accept any security prompts and click Unzip to extract the installation files.
NOTE: If a message appears indicating that a reboot is pending, you can still proceed, though it is recommended to reboot once before installing.
9. You are now ready to install any SOLIDWORKS product, visit this page for links to specific installation instructions for each product. To perform a full download of all installation files, select Download and share all files. This will allow you to perform the download one time and share the files to save on bandwidth and speed up the installation process.
NOTE: The default download location for all installation files is Documents\SOLIDWORKS Downloads\. The downloaded files can be copied to any location with sufficient permissions.
10. To run the installation manager again from a previous installation attempt or from previously downloaded files, run setup.exe in the top-level folder.
Request a media kit shipment
Having trouble with internet or network security? You can request a DVD copy of the current version of the installation media here.
Still need help?
Contact support to request a special download link if you need something else, common examples where you must contact support: